Widgets are functions that you add to your organisation’s website to give you additional web based features, e.g. online donation pages and forms. They are incredibly easy to add and your web master can add these features in minutes. Read more about Add-Ons and Website Widgets here.
Each website widget requires you to setup supporting documents that your website visitors will receive in response to an action taken, e.g. thank you for donation, thank you for signing-up. It’s important to have these documents ready when your website widgets are embedded by your web master to ensure your website visitors are engaged, providing an excellent supporter journey from the very first point of contact.
There are 4 Types of Website Widgets that require you to setup the following documents for each:
1. Donation Widget
- Donation Notice
- Website Donation Thank You
- Website Payment Membership Thank You
2. Volunteer Widget
- Visitor Book Thank You
- Website Registration Thank You
3. Subscribe Widget
- Website Join Thank You
- Website Renewal Thank You
4. Unsubscribe Widget
- Unsubscribe Confirmation
All document templates for website widgets can be found in the ‘Admin’ section:
- Go to ‘Admin’ (If you cannot see this on your main top menu bar, you may not have authorisation to access it, and will need to seek permission from your System Administrator)
- Click the ‘Documents’ button in the main section of screen
- You are now in Vega's ‘Template Manager’ where you can create and manage all your templates and documents.
- An overview on Using Template Manager provides useful tips on navigating this function and creating and editing your documents.
- In 'Template Manager', click the ‘Template’ folder which will drop-down again to show a ‘Widget Docs’ folder, click again
- Scroll through templates until you find the document you require to support your website widget (refer above)
- Select the document you require and click blue button on right-hand side ‘Copy Template’
- On the left-hand side you will see a ‘Copy’ of the document template
- Select the ‘Copy’ template and click blue button on right-hand side ‘Open’
- The next screen will open a copy template for you to edit with your organisation’s logo, images and text.
- When completed, click blue ‘Save’ button in top right-hand side
- The next screen will enable you to ‘Save Your Template’
- Complete a ‘Template Name’ for your widget document
- Complete a ‘Subject’ line - the suggested text includes a merge field with supporter name (for email). It is not necessary to complete this for a PDF document.
- Complete ‘Folder Name’, you can change this file name if you do not want to save in the ‘Widget Docs’ folder
- Click the blue ‘Save’ button and you will receive a green message box in the top left-hand corner to confirm the ‘Document Saved’
- You can review or print all your saved documents in 'Template Manager'
Please sign in to leave a comment.