A Campaign in Vega defines any fundraising appeal/event/initiative for your organisation that involves communicating with and/or soliciting payments from your supporters, tracking responses and resulting income. For example, a Campaign could be -
- February Tax Appeal
- Special World Charity Day
- Gala Dinner Event
- Quarterly eNewsletter
Each Campaign includes an action or series of coordinated actions to achieve the desired outcome.
An Action in Vega defines the channels by which you communicate with your supporters during a Campaign or any related activity. For example, an Action could be -
- An Email to supporters reminding them of your upcoming special Appeal
- A Letter Appeal to supporters asking for a donation
- A Facebook post or series of posts
- A Twitter post or series of posts
- A Phone Call to your major donors
- Mail Merge (existing supporters)
- External List (cold leads)
- Generate Excel List
- Print Labels
A Campaign could have one or multiple actions. Here is an example of how a campaign may be structured in Vega -
|Campaign||Special World Charity Day|
|Facebook Post 1|
It is important to plan out your Campaign in advance. To create a Campaign, you also need to create (1) Document Template and (2) Supporter List or Query. Once you have completed these two steps, you are now ready to create a Campaign in Vega.
- Go to the ‘Engage’ section in Vega
- Click ‘Add Campaign’ button in the top right-hand corner
- You will now see a message box ‘Create A New Campaign’ to populate the campaign details
- Enter the Campaign name in the ‘Name’ field, e.g. Special World Charity Day
- Enter the campaign code in the ‘Code’ field e.g. campaign initials and/or GL code
- Enter the campaign start date in ‘Start Date’ field
- Enter the fundraising target in ‘Target Amount' field
- Click ‘Active’ button to activate a live campaign
- If you wish to upload a ‘Campaign Header Image’ to visually brand your campaign in Vega, click the ‘Choose File’ button to upload your image
- Click the blue ‘Create’ button when all fields have been completed and you are ready to create your new Campaign
- You will now see the Campaign you have created on the Recent Campaigns homepage
- On the Recent Campaigns homepage, you can view all campaigns created by date, number of actions and total payments (and filter ascending/descending)
- The left-hand side of the Recent Campaigns homepage provides a snapshot of your total active campaigns, top campaign by income, top donation and social media likes
- You can view any existing campaigns by clicking on selected campaign, it will expand to show current progress towards the campaign target
- You can also view recent actions relating to the campaign as well as add new actions
Add Campaign Actions
- Once you have set up your Campaign and viewing the expanded window showing campaign details, click the blue ‘New Action’ button on the right-hand side (if you click ‘Show All Actions’ you will see all current actions available in Vega)
- Click the blue ‘New Action’ button and a message box will appear to ‘Choose An Action Type’
- Click the action you want to add to your Campaign to engage with your supporters
- Before you complete your Campaign Action, check that you have created (1) Document Template and (2) Supporter List or Query
What it Does
Send mass emails (EDM, eNewsletters)
Print and mail merge letters (DM)
Print labels (eg. mail merge)
Generate Excel spreadsheet of saved Vega Lists
Track responses/income for cold leads
Create an Event
Track, create, report, personalised and receive payments from a series of widgets that are inserted into your website.
Send Test Email Option
- This new feature helps to test if the email/s associated with the campaign is correctly delivered to its recipient. Before using this feature make sure the options 1, 2, 3 and 4 are completed within the campaign.
- Note: To be able to display and populate the data from the #Merge Tags# on this test we now require an existing list to replace the older functionality of typing a single email address in the recipient field.
- You can add your own or your entire team's profiles in a single list using the Add to a list button under the Contacts dashboard or by creating a list using the Vega Queries function. We recommend assigning a distinctive name to this list so that you can easily find it in the drop-down list under the Recipient field.
If you find it challenging to select a test list while using the Send test email function you can use attributes and a Vega pre-set queries to test email campaigns as follows:
Create and assign an attribute
- Create an Attribute from Admin - Add New Attribute
- Give it a distinctive name usually 'Email Approval Group'
- Assign the attribute to all the people who will test or approve the campaign
From the campaign action settings
- Go to Section 3 and click on the drop-down arrow in Select a Saved List
- Click on Select a Vega Pereset or Saved Query
- Select 'All Contacts by Attribute (OK to Contact)'
- Select Type 'Email Approval Group' and click Go
- Adding List to Recipients notification will show on the page
- The number of contacts must show in the Total Recipients
- Click on Show Recipients to confirm this is the group you want to send the test to use the menus at the bottom of the screen if you want to remove or add contacts to the list.