Mass Email in Vega is a general term that includes EDM Appeals, eNewsletters, eAnnual Receipts and any group emails. Essentially, you are engaging a wide group of supporters with a personalised communication in 3 easy steps:
1. First, Create a Campaign. This key function enables you to create a 'Folder' under which various actions and communications can be created and results tracked.
2. Then, Create a Template.
3. Finally, Create a List or Query.
Once you have created these three components, you are now ready to send a mass email.
- Go to the 'Engage' section in Vega and click the Campaign you would like to generate a Mass Email for
- Select a Campaign from the list of Recent Campaigns, which will expand the view
- Click 'New Action' and select action type 'Send Email'
Name & Schedule Your Email
- Select a 'Name' for your mass email, e.g. 'Christmas Appeal EDM' and the code could be an abbreviation 'CAEDM' or other code as per your organisation's coding structure
- If your mass email is a fundraising appeal you may want to include a fundraising 'Target'. If it is a group email or eNewsletter, you can leave the target at zero
- If you are sending your mass email right away, click the 'Now' button. If you want to schedule your mass email for tomorrow or a week's time, select the 'Start Date' and 'Time'. This is a useful tool if you want to create communications in advance and send at the same time each week for example.
- If you click on the 'Advanced Settings' you may include additional settings for EDM Appeals, e.g. the 'GL Code' which you would like to attribute any financial responses
- Also select a 'Response Letter' you would like supporters to receive to thank/acknowledge their payment
- And the 'Response Bank Account' for donations generated from your mass email
Select 'From' Email Address
- Choose the sender's email address from the 'Service Email' dropdown list. Your Service Emails were created during Vega setup for staff that directly engage supporters.
- If a name does not appear in the drop down list, you are able to 'Add a New Service Email' by clicking on the link which will take you to the Admin section to setup.
Select Recipient List or Query
- Your recipient list for your mass email will either be a predefined saved 'List' or preset Vega 'Query' or a query that you have created and saved yourself.
- Select 'Preset Vega Query or Saved Query' and you will see a list of queries to choose from or select 'Saved List' to choose from
- Click 'Show Recipients' button to confirm volume and correct query or list
- You may also 'Add recipients' or 'Remove recipients' from your Query or Saved List
- Once you are happy with your Recipient List, you can complete the final step by adding your template
Select/Edit Email Content (Template)
- Click 'Document Template' to select the template you previously created for this mass email send (and make any final edits)
- You may also Create a New Template within the Engage section here, by clicking the 'New Template' button and the Template Manager will appear in this screen for you to create new email content
- Once you are happy with your email content, you may either 'Save Draft' or 'Send Email' by clicking buttons in top right-hand corner
- If you 'Save Draft' your draft email will be attached to your Recent Campaign as a draft, click to expand view and it will be listed
- When you are ready to send, click your 'Draft Email' and a popup box will appear 'Continue Editing', click this button which will take you back to the Send Email page, and click 'Send Email'
- You will receive a green confirmation message in the top right-hand corner and the sent email will automatically save to supporter's record under the 'Campaigns' tab