Bulk Document in Vega is a general term that includes DM Appeals, Annual Receipts, Personalised Letters and any mass communication via printed letter.
1. First, Create a Campaign. This key function enables you to create a 'Folder' under which various actions and communications can be created and results tracked.
2. Then, Create a Template.
3. Finally, Create a List or Query.
Once you have created these three components, you are now ready to generate a bulk document.
- Go to the 'Engage' section in Vega and click the Campaign you would like to generate a bulk document for
- Select a Campaign from the list of Recent Campaigns, which will expand the view
- Click 'New Action' and select action type 'Print PDF'
Name & Schedule Your Letter
- Select a 'Name' for your bulk document e.g. 'Christmas Appeal DM' and the code could be an abbreviation 'CADM' or other code as per your organisation's coding structure
- If your bulk document is a fundraising appeal you may want to include a fundraising 'Target'
- If you are sending your document right away, click the 'Now' button. If you want to schedule the generation of your bulk document for tomorrow or a week's time, select the 'Start Date' and 'Time'.
- If you click on 'Advanced Settings' you may include additional settings for Appeals, e.g. the 'GL Code' which you would like to attribute any financial responses
- Also select a 'Response Letter' you would like supporters to receive to thank/acknowledge their payment
- And the 'Response Bank Account' for donations generated from your mass email
Select Recipient List or Query
- Your recipient list for your bulk document will either be a predefined saved 'List' or preset Vega 'Query' or a query that you have created and saved yourself.
- Select 'Preset Vega Query or Saved Query' and you will see a list of queries to choose from or select 'Saved List' to choose from
- Click 'Show Recipients' button to confirm volume and correct query or list
- You may also 'Add recipients' or 'Remove recipients' from your Query or Saved List
- Once you are happy with your Recipient List, you can complete the final step by adding your document template
Select/Edit Letter Content (Template)
- Click 'Document Template' to select the template you previously created for bulk document (and make any final edits)
- You may also Create New Template within the Engage section here, by clicking the 'New Template' button and the Template Manager will appear in this screen for you to create new letter content
- Once you are happy with your letter content, you may either 'Save Draft' or 'Generate PDF' by clicking buttons in top right-hand corner
- If you 'Save Draft' your draft letter will be attached to your Recent Campaign as a draft, click to expand view and it will be listed
- When you are ready to send, click your 'Draft Letter' and a popup box will appear 'Continue Editing', click this button which will take you back to the Print PDF page, and click 'Generate'
- Vega will now queue this action in the generate documents service and you will be alerted once this bulk document has been created and a link to the document will be provided so you can download.