Lists help you to drill down into different groups of hot supporters, specific contacts, and payments, allowing you to manage multiple contacts at once. A List is an equivalent to a powerful Excel spreadsheet that's designed specifically for you.
Lists also enable you to take action on lists so that you can work with numerous contacts at once. These are called bulk actions. Popular bulk actions include:
- Print to Labels
- Update Contact Histories
- Insert or Remove Attributes
- Update Account/Mail Status
- Manabe Event Attendees
You can create Lists from the Contacts Page or Directly in a Contact Profile. To generate a new list you will use Vega's query tool which can be accessed a number of ways:
- From your homepage 'Add Query'
- In 'Contacts' section 'Add New Query' button
- In Engage - Send Email/Engage Tools 'Add Query'
If you are adding a new query to send a mass email, we always recommend that you create a small group of contacts on your database as a 'Test Email Group' -
- Click 'Add New Query' and you will be taken to the 'Query Your Contacts' screen
- You can add a new list by generating a New Query and saving results to a new list
- Or by clicking the 'Lists' tab from menu at top of page which will take you to 'Create New List' page
- You can search individual names by entering into the search field and clicking the blue search button
- Enter new list name and click 'Add Results To List' button
- You can now find your New List in the 'Contacts' section, click 'My Lists' button on the left-hand side of the screen.
Lists are also designed to help you test if the email/s associated with the campaign is correctly delivered to its recipient, this kind of list types are called 'Email Test Lists'.
To learn more about 'Email Test Lists' click HERE