Lists help you to drill down into different groups of supporters, specific contacts, and payments, allowing you to manage multiple contacts at once. A list is equivalent to a powerful Excel spreadsheet that's designed specifically for you.
Lists also enable you to make changes to multiple contacts at once. These are called bulk actions. Popular bulk actions include:
- Print to Labels
- Update Contact Histories
- Insert or Remove Attributes
- Update Account/Mail Status
You can create Lists from the Contacts Page or directly in a Contact. To generate a new list you will use Vega's query tool which can be accessed a number of ways:
- From your homepage 'Add Query'
- In 'Contacts' section 'Add New Query' button
- In Engage - Send Email/Engage Tools 'Add Query'
If you are adding a new query to send a mass email, we always recommend that you create a small group of contacts on your database as a 'Test Email Group' -
- Click 'Add New Query' and you will be taken to the 'Query Your Contacts' screen
- You can add a new list by generating a New Query and saving results to a new list
- Or by clicking the 'Lists' tab from menu at top of page which will take you to 'Create New List' page
- You can search individual names by entering into the search field and clicking the blue search button
- Enter new list name and click 'Add Results To List' button
- You can now find your New List in the 'Contacts' section, click 'My Lists' button on the left-hand side of the screen.
Lists are also designed to help you test if the email/s associated with the campaign is correctly delivered to its recipient, this kind of list types are called 'Email Test Lists'.
To learn more about 'Email Test Lists' click HERE