Before we guide you through this article please be aware the Data Upload feature is in the first phase of pre-release testing, changes and improvements are under continuo development. To access this tool make sure you TURN ON the beta functionality in the Admin - Organisation Profile section.
Large spreadsheet files are often used for data import in Vega under the Admin section. However, thinking of quick data imports we have created a new feature to make this process quicker and easier. You can now use the 'Upload' feature from the Contacts page to quick import Contacts, Notes and Payments.
Note: Different from the Import Data function from the Admin section this new feature has a limit of 1000 lines per import.
- Enter import name
- Select the import type: Excel- people, Excel- Notes, Excel- payments
- If you don't have a template download it by choosing template type from the dropdown and clicking on the download
- Fill the data in template
- Click or drag the data template file in file uploader on the page
- As soon as you upload the file, The data will show in the tables on the page
- If you imported the People/Contacts there will be 2 tabs in the table New and Existing and If you import Notes or payments will not be a Tab.
New: It will show the new contacts you are importing
Existing: It will show the Existing contacts which you imported for the update
- Choose which data you want to import:
Add and merge all data: It will import new data and will merge changes of existing data after data import
Only new contacts: It will import only new contacts showing in the New tab of the table
Only merge contacts: It will import only Existing contacts and will update their data
- If you want to create a list of the data after the import then Click Yes or DO if you want to create a list option to assign a list name.
- If all set then click on Upload Data.: you will get the message that your data has been imported successfully.
Please sign in to leave a comment.