There are a variety of ways to add payments to a supporter record. If you use the web widgets or the API then Vega will automatically process the donation, including receipting, de-duplicating and inserting the payment into the appropriate supporter record.
Alternatively, you can add payments as one-off donations for a supporter. Or you can use Batch Entry to add many payments.
Add And Post A New Batch
- Go to ‘Money’ section
- Click on ‘Enter New Batch’
- Enter a 'Batch Code'. Common coding structures for batches might include your initials + a short hand for payment type + a short version of the date, but as an organisation you will create your own.
- Click on ‘Set Batch Defaults’ to apply values to all the new payments processed in your batch, e.g.
- Campaign to which income will link to
- Pay Type for all the payments in the batch
- The standard receipt letter you want donors to receive
- Category/GL code you want income to be allocated
- Bank account payble to
- Pay date and receipt date
- You are able to still change these values for any batch line but these values recur throughout the batch and are useful as defaults.
- Click ‘Create Batch’ which will now appear on the left-hand side of your screen as an unposted batch
- You can now start adding payments to your batch by clicking ‘Add New Item’
- You will see a dialogue box titled ‘Add New Person’, type the supporter name you are searching (note you can also search inactive contacts by clicking the box)
- You will receive a list of names that match your criteria, click the supporter record you wish to add to your batch.
- Click ‘Add Batch’ to add supporter, or ‘Edit Person’ if you wish to make a change to the supporter record.
- A similar dialogue box to the one-off payment appears, with fields pre-populated as per the default batch settings previously selected
- Add the donor’s payment amount and click 'Save' to add this line to your Batch. The line is un-posted which means it is not yet officially in the supporter payment histories or in your Cashbook.
- You will receive a dialogue box message ‘Add Another Payment’. Select ‘OK’ to add more payments to your batch, or cancel if this is your last batch entry.
- Now you can ‘Post Batch’ to enable you to Print Batch Receipts and Print Bank Lodgment List.
- Click ‘Post Batch’ and you will receive a green message box in top right-hand corner of your screen to confirm your ‘Batch Post Complete’. Now the payments in the batch will appear in supporter payment histories and your Cashbook.
- Posted batches will appear in the 'Recent Batches' section of the screen on left-hand side. You can use the search field to find a particular batch if you have recorded the batch code.
- Un-posted batches will appear in the 'Awaiting Batches' section of the screen on the left-hand side. If you want to go back and post an awaiting batch, click the 'Post Batch' button.