Add Recurring Payment
If your Vega Plan includes the recurring payment widget via your website, new regular givers will automatically add to your database as they sign-up online. You can also manually set up new regular donors by –
- First find an existing supporter using the search tool on your Dashboard, or add a new supporter
- When you are looking at the supporter record, click ‘Add Recurring Payment’
- Check supporter details to ensure you are adding the payment to the correct record
Recurring Payment Details
- Select ‘Pay Type’ of supporter’s regular donation, e.g. Credit Card, Automatic Payment or Direct Debit. If Credit Card, enter these details
- Add ‘Total Amount’
- Complete the supporter’s Account Name and Number
- Select the ‘Frequency’ of the recurring payment, e.g. Monthly, Fortnightly or Weekly
- The fields ‘Particulars’, ‘Code’ and ‘Reference’ are identifiers for both charity and donor to identify the recurring payment on bank statements so advisable to complete
- Select the ‘Start Date’ the donor has indicated they would like their recurring payment to start
- Click the ‘Until Further Notice’ box if the donor has not indicated an end date for their recurring payment, or enter this date in the ‘End’ field and the payment will be closed or suspended from this date.
- Enter the date when the next recurring payment is due in the ‘Due’ field
- The date selected in the 'Next Take Date' field should match the Due date so that the system can automatically retry if the payment failed based on the calculation between the retry days configured in your Admin - Financial Settings and the date entered in the due date field.
Payment Type (Optional)
- Select the ‘type’ of payment you are processing
- Select the campaign if the recurring payment has been solicited via a particular campaign
- Select the GL code to ensure income is allocated to your regular giving programme
This supporter now has an Active Recurring Payment. Their payment will process automatically through Vega Finance Server, if it is a Credit Card, or will be available to process via a pro-forma batch if it is another payment type, e.g. Automatic Payment, Direct Debit.
CLICK SAVE BEFORE YOU EXIT SUPPORTER RECORD