Your organisation may receive payments in memory of another individual within Vega. Details of these payments can be recorded when you add a one-off donation, and special In-Memoriam Merge Fields can be included in your receipts to allow for extra personalisation.
Process In-Memoriam Payments And Receipt
- Go to ‘Contacts’ section
- Click on ‘Add Payment’
- Check supporter details to ensure you are adding payment to correct record
- ‘Payment Type’ on the right-hand side of your screen must be selected, click ‘In Memoriam’ button
- Beneath this, in the ‘In Memory’ field, select the name of the deceased to which the payment will be linked
- Note that if the deceased’s record has already been updated to ‘Deceased’ you will need to search ‘inactive records only’
- If the record is not in your contacts database the name of the deceased will not be displayed in the drop-down list. You could then add the details in the Particular field. Be aware that this option will not affect any In Memory reports from the Money page.
- Select ‘Pay Type’, e.g. Cheque, Credit Card etc.
- Each ‘Pay Type’ requires different details to be completed as per the method of payment.
- If you have a payment gateway setup through Vega, you can Process Credit Cards directly through this screen.
- Add ‘Total Amount’
- Add any personalised message you wish to communicate on the donor’s receipt in the ‘Particulars’ box, which will be merged when printed or emailed
- The ‘Distribution’ button allows you to allocate the whole payment, or a portion of the payment, to a particular campaign or GL code (see the right-hand panel). By default, all transactions will be distributed to the default campaign and GL code.
- Select the ‘Campaign’ that the transaction relates to, alternatively leave the default campaign selected.
- Select the ‘GL Code’ to record this payment against. You can allocate the whole payment or part of the payment to the selected GL code. Click ‘Add’.
- Note that GL codes can be imported from Xero if the integration has been enabled or added manually in the Admin section.
- Select the ‘Pay Date’, which is the date transaction is being processed, usually today’s date
- Select the ‘Receipt Date’ which is the date that the transaction occurred
- Select your ‘In Memoriam Receipt’ from the ‘Receipt Type’ drop down menu. You can create and save a variety of different receipt documents in the Template Manager
- When you create your ‘In Memoriam Receipt’, include these Merge Fields to ensure it is personalised:
|Merge Field||Personalised Text|
|#InMemoryOf#||This will merge the deceased’s name|
|#Particulars#||This will merge any special message to donor|
- ‘Send By’, select ‘PDF’ if you want a printed receipt and select ‘Download’ button, prior to saving the payment.
- ‘Send By’, select ‘Email’ for an email to automatically send to the supporter
- This action will automatically save the payment and receipt in Vega
CLICK SAVE BEFORE YOU EXIT SUPPORTER RECORD