Vega Events are Campaigns with a special structure
The Vega Events module is a series of widgets that are inserted into your website to allow people to fundraise on your behalf, have personalised donation pages on your website, or to participate as individuals or teams in events you organise.
Vega allows you to add Events to existing campaigns or, to create a new campaign that you can add event actions from:
- Engage tab
- + Add Campaign (menu on the top right on your screen)
- Once the campaign is created
- + New Action
- Choose to Create an Event action
- In Memoriam (Currently not available)
- Peer to Peer (Currently not available)
- Table (Currently not available)
- Team (Currently not available)
- Event Name: Create an event (has groups/tables/teams)
- Code: Is optional. Can be used while integrating with Xero GL or Ledger Codes
- Start Date and time
- Event Price
- Discount Price
- Event Capacity to set Fundraising targets
- Volume Discount Threshold
- Design your own landing page (images/GIF)
- Design your own document template
- Response GL Code
- Response Bank Account
Vega offers you a standard booking form containing a large number of fields which you can HIDE (unticked) or SHOW (ticked) according to your Event needs. For further customisation options go to the Admin - Widget Configuration page.
These options are:
- Discount Applies to Members
- Use Volume Discount Threshold
- Show Address
- Allow Multiple Bookings
- Show Dietary Options
- Show Event Details
- Show Phone
- Allow On Behalf Bookings
- Show Membership Types
URL and iFrame configuration Features
When you are happy with your Event details, please click save. Vega will then provide you with an iframe code that can be embedded on your webpage.
You can also insert a URL link to a newsletter/email/document from the Admin - Document Template.
For more detailed information on how to manage the templates linked to an Event please visit our help articles here
Note: The URL link Vega supplies has a standard height of 1600px, which can be too large for some web pages. If you provide the entire iframe to the webmaster or the person who looks after your webpage backend they can reduce the size by simply typing in the link the size that suits your webpage. eg. replacing 1600px to 900px:
"<iframe width="100%" height="1600" scrolling="no" src="https://connect.vega.works/Content"
Create an Event Widget to embed in your website
There are two ways to create or declare an event in Vega. If you wish to create a unique booking dialogue for your website then tick the box "Create an Event Widget". This generates a unique dialogue code for you. If your organisation has multiple events you can choose to display all the event options in a dropdown box by removing the event ID in the URL, this is the "&xlnse5=xxxx" at the end of the URL.