The Send test email feature helps to test if the email/s associated with the campaign is correctly delivered to its recipient. Before using this feature make sure the options 1, 2, 3 and 4 are completed within the campaign.
- Note: To be able to display and populate the data from the #Merge Tags# on this test we now require an existing list to replace the older functionality of typing a single email address in the recipient field.
- You can add your own or your entire team's profiles in a single list using the Add to a list button under the Contacts dashboard or by creating a list using the Vega Queries function. We recommend assigning a distinctive name to this list so that you can easily find it in the drop-down list under the Recipient field.
If you find it challenging to select a test list while using the Send test email function you can use attributes and a Vega pre-set queries to test email campaigns as follows:
Create and assign an attribute
- Create an Attribute from Admin - Add New Attribute
- Give it a distinctive name usually 'Email Approval Group'
- Assign the attribute to all the people who will test or approve the campaign
From the campaign action settings
- Go to Section 3 and click on the drop-down arrow in Select a Saved List
- Click on Select a Vega Pereset or Saved Query
- Select 'All Contacts by Attribute (OK to Contact)'
- Select Type 'Email Approval Group' and click Go
- Adding List to Recipients notification will show on the page
- The number of contacts must show in the Total Recipients
- Click on Show Recipients to confirm this is the group you want to send the test to use the menus at the bottom of the screen if you want to remove or add contacts to the list.
How to find records of the sent emails in Vega
In Vega, you have multiple areas where you can check if emails have been delivered:
- Amin - Email Log and check if the emails show on this page. The name of the campaign/document will show in the Attachment column:
- Access the profile of the Contact you used in the test and check the Campaign Email Metrics and List this page will also show the list this contact was included in as well:
If this doesn't help review the email addresses or the profile you are using in the test, often Contacts added into a test list can have multiple emails, for example, email@example.com or/and firstname.lastname@example.org.