These questions may help you prepare for your Vega implementation. To get the most out of Vega, Vega can truly be transformative for your organisation, you will need to have some preparatory work complete or understood.
- You will need to change some pages on your website if you wish to install Vega widgets for donations or membership. This is worthwhile.
- You will need to have a merchant account at a bank and a payment account at a payment gateway company if you wish to process credit or debit card transactions. (Vega can help with this process if you are new to eCommerce).
- You will need to have your existing database ready for the Vega team to import/upload your data or formatted if you wish to upload it yourself.
- You will need to have receipt documents ready. This is easy but important. Do you have a thank you letter for donations or memberships? If you do Vega will import that and it will become the basis of your “thank you” and tax receipt process for Vega.
- If you use XERO you will need to have your XERO login ready with your password and Vega will access your XERO and download your General Ledger codes and Bank Account records.
- If you wish to recode your data, add new coding structures, then you will need mapping or business rules prepared for the Vega on-boarding team.
- Do you have a membership system, where people renew annually or on some calendar cycle? If you do, what is your renewal rule? You can choose this from the Vega library. Is the rule “renew on "anniversary” or “renew annually”? It is useful to have this information ready.
When you have considered all this and ideally have it all in place, you are ready to start your Vega on-boarding.
Typically, Vega on-boarding can take up to six weeks depending on the complexity of your existing data and your organisation type. But the more you have done in terms of preparation, the quicker and easier it can be.
As a start decide how much you can do and how much you want your Vega on-boarding team to do? This can change if it becomes more complex or difficult. You are hopefully entering a long-term relationship with vega.works and therefore a bit of time spent now will be worthwhile in the longer term.
Vega on-boarding scripts exist for Raisers Edge©, SalesForce.Com©, Focus on Fundraising, Fundraiser Pro, ThankQ, eTapestry, Mailchimp© and most of the leading “legacy” fundraising platforms. So ask the Vega team of you are migrating from an existing system.