The annual receipt generator works by excluding any payment that has a document. This means any payment with a Receipt Type document assigned, a document sent from a widget payment or a document downloaded or emailed from a payment on the contact.
This works with the setting under Admin > Financial Settings > Receipt Settings:
If the above setting is on, then only payments with a document that has the tag Tax Receipt will be excluded from the annual receipt generator. This includes attachment documents also.
If this setting is off, then all payments with any document assigned or previously sent will be excluded from the annual receipt generator.
It is possible to turn this setting on at any point and update your documents with the Tax Receipt tag to ensure only the correct payments are being included here, even those that have already been emailed or downloaded.
Please ensure your Annual Receipt document also has the tag Tax Receipt added.
The Annual Receipt Generator is found under the Money tab:
Select a new annual receipt query or load an existing annual receipt query.
Note: This drop-down contains previous annual receipt queries created in this form, it does not contain queries created through the query tool. If you wish to use query data add them to a list and include/exclude this data in the list section below.
If you select an existing query all the query details will load.
If you select a new query then you will be asked to enter a Query name.
- Financial Year - select the dates you want to load the payments for.
- Include Contact Type - All, Email Only or No Email Only.
- All - All contacts regardless of an email address.
- Emails Only - Only contacts with an email address.
- No Emails Only - Only contacts without an email address.
- Include Recurring Payments Only - Only payments connected to a recurring payment will be receipted.
- Include All Payments - All payments between the selected dates will be receipted.
- Include Lists - Only people in the selected lists will be included, except if they are included in any of the excluded lists.
- Exclude Lists - Anyone is the excluded lists will not appear in the receipt selection.
- Include GL Codes - Only include payments with the selected GL Codes.
- Exclude Attributes - Anyone with the selected attributes will be excluded.
Search results return the payment details for the selected dates and query parameters. You can search the grid using the search box.
• Summarised Results - shows a row for each contact with their payment date range, total amount, count, recurrence amount, recurrence frequencies, expected count and contact information.
• All Results- shows a row for each payment for every contact
• Excel - exports the search results to Excel.
Results page buttons
• Refine Search - takes you back to the query form.
• Save - will save the query details.
• Select Delivery Method - takes you to the next page.
Select Delivery Method
Sends the selected people and payments to the email server
- Send Receipts On - Select the date and time for your receipts to be delivered to the email server.
- Receipt - Select a receipt document.
- Generate PDF Copy - PDF copy of receipts will also be generated.
Sends the selected people and payments to the document server
- Receipt - Select a receipt document.
The following Merge Fileds must be added to your Annual Receipt template. These merge tags will replace the #AnnualRecceipt# used in the past.
Takes the annual receipt number generated above.
Generates the total amount being receipted and includes $.
Generates a list of payment dates and the amounts for all payments generated. This will be populated as one vertical list as (pay date) - $(pay amount)
Don't have an annual receipt template?
Use one of our vega Pre-designed Annual Receipt Templates
Once the Annual Receipt Generator has processed, each payment included will be assigned the annual receipt number they have been processed with and it will show the date they were processed.
This will also be included in the Mailings & Email Receipts tab on the contact, showing the document used for your receipt.