The new widget configuration tool will replace the current widget configuration under the Admin section once released from beta. This new function has a series of new features and improvements that will make it easier to use, manage and sort by widget types on the same page.
We are very pleased to announce that the new Unsubscribe widget configuration and acknowledgement email for recurring payments are also part of this new release.
- All widgets are sorted by type
- Custom Attributes configuration
- Advance custom attributes for Donation Widget
- Ability to make widgets Active and Inactive (Archive)
- Layout themes for donation widget
- Custom colour configuration for the themes
- Unsubscribe widget configuration - New
- Copy from existing widgets
- Delete widgets
- Donation prompts and Donation frequency configuration
- Auto-fill the widget with a supporter's details
- Recurring Acknowledgement Email - New
New Widget Config Home
Select Widget Type
There are 6 types of widgets users can create and manage:
- Contact Us
- Event - New
- Unsubscribe - New
Creating a New Widget: To create a new widget select the widget type and then click Create (Widget Type) widget button.
Existing Widgets: When you will select the widget type in the first step, it will show existing widgets at the bottom of that same type. For example, if you will select Registration widget type, it will show only Registration widgets in the existing widgets table. It makes it easier to navigate and search through different widgets, this is an improvement from the old widget configuration.
Search Existing Widgets: A search bar has been implemented in the existing widget's table to allow you to search for any widget for the selected type.
Show Inactive: In the bottom of the existing widgets table, There is a checkbox called "Show Inactive". By clicking the checkbox, it will show all the inactive widgets of the selected type. By unchecking the checkbox it will hide the inactive widgets to keep the User-Interface organized.
Creating a New Widget
- Click the Create Widget button after selecting the Widget Type, this will open the form. There will be a configuration menu on the left and the middle section will show a preview of the widget once saved.
- On the left menu, Click on Form Setup. It will open a sidebar with the configuration options.
- Enter the name of the widget and click Save. It will save the widget and then will show the preview of the widget in the middle section.
- You can preview the widget to see how it will look on a tablet, desktop computer or mobile by clicking the icons at the top of the middle section.
- There is a refresh button on the top right of the middle section to update the preview, this function refreshes the preview and applies every new adjustment made on the widget.
- You can close the widget and go back to the main screen by using the Close button located on the top right submenu, by the save button.
Editing Existing Widgets
- Once you have created the widget, you can edit it at any time by clicking on the Edit button in the existing widgets table.
- Click on the left-hand side menu options, update the desired fields and click Save. It will update the widget and will refresh the preview to show any User Interface changes.
- If you want to make the widget inactive, there is an Active checkbox on the top right corner in the submenu. Uncheck or Disable the Active checkbox and click Save.
- It will hide that widget in the widget config home but you can still see it if you click on show Inactive checkbox at the bottom
This option is used to add General Ledgers (GL codes) and specific Attribute options at the top of the donation widget.
- Select Attribute Type: Select the attribute type to show the attributes linked to the widget.
- Frequency: Select the Frequency of the donation (For Recurring Payments).
- Attribute: Select an attribute that will apply to the donor based on the attribute selected.
- Is in Memoriam: Select if you want to mark this donation as in memoriam based on the attribute selected.
- GL Code: Select the GL code to apply to the donation based on attribute selected.
- Campaign: Select the campaign applied to the donation based on attribute selected.
- Acknowledgement Email: Select the document applied to the donation based on attribute selected.
- Email Attachment: Select the attachment applied to the donation based on attribute selected.
- Themes: We have three different Themes you can configure in the widgets. Select Themes from the More Options drop down menu to show the 4 different themes available. You can preview by hovering your mouse on the theme. Select the checkbox "Use this template" of the desired theme and then click Save. It will apply the theme right away showing the changes in the preview area.
- Custom CSS: Custom CSS option offers 2 options: (1) You can upload your own CSS to the widget. (2) Customize colours on your selected theme. If you have installed the theme already provided by Vega then this option will display in the field. You can choose the colour of the theme from the basic colours or click the coloured block to select any other. Click the Save button and your preview will update with the change.
This configuration can be used for both Registration and Unsubscribe widget. It allows the user to create custom attributes which will be assigned to the user based on the options selected.
- Enter Label Text: Here you will enter the text that will show as a label for the options.
- Select Attribute Type: Select the attribute type for which you want to configure the attributes as options.
- Select Option Type: You can choose how to show attribute options. It can be a dropdown, checkbox, Radio Buttons or a Text box.
- Select Placement: You can select whether you want to show these attribute options at the top of the form or at the bottom.
- Select the Collation Sequence: You can select the order of the configurations.
- Is-Active: To enable or disable the configuration options from the widget.
- Existing Custom attributes: It will show the existing attribute configuration. You can click on the Edit button to update the existing configuration.
This feature allows you to Add or Remove the donation prompts on the donation widget. You can also link a particular document to a specific donation prompt. So, when the supporter clicks on a particular prompt, it will show the document on top linked to it. This can be an image, important message or a short explanation about what your organisation will achieve with this donation.
- Open the widget in which you want to configure the Donation Prompts.
- Click on the Donation Options on the right-hand side menu. You will see the configuration form in the middle.
- Enter the prompt amount value, Select the document from the dropdown you want to show on the top when the prompt will be selected (Optional). You can make any prompt default by using the Set as a default checkbox.
- Click Add to enter the prompt. You will see the prompt saved in the table below.
- You can edit any prompt by clicking the Edit button in the table.
- You can also delete any prompt by clicking Delete button in the table.
On this section, you configure the recurring payment donation frequency for your donation widget.
- Open the widget, click on the donation form. The frequency configuration is under the donation prompts configuration. If it's not visible, then make sure it's checked on in the form options menu (There is an option to show/hide donation frequency in the Form Options menu)
- To add new frequency, select the frequency from the dropdown and click Add. You can make any Frequency default by using Set As Default checkbox.
- Only selected frequencies will show on the widget form.
- You can delete any frequency by clicking the delete button on the table.
Setting acknowledgements is an important way to engage effectively with your supporters.
- Click on Acknowledgements on the left-side menu under the Widget Configuration options.
- Enter the From email address, this is the email address users will first see when receiving the acknowledgement. Leave blank to use the default service email.
- Select the document you want to send as an acknowledgement to the user once the form is submitted. The documents shown in the drop-down are the documents in the Template under the Templates folder in the Documents Manager.
- You can also attach the document as a PDF receipt attachment to the acknowledgement email.
- If you want to notify yourself every time someone donates or register then select Yes in Notify Me dropdown.
- Select the document you want to send a notification email to yourself. This document will show from the Widget Documents folder under the Templates folder in the Document Manager.
- Enter the Email address where you want to send the notification email to. Leave blank to use the default service email.
- Add the Thank you document which will show as the thank you screen after the form is submitted by the user. Even the documents for this drop-down are in the same folder in the widget docs.
Recurring Acknowledgement Email
This is for organisations using one widget to process both One-off and Recurring Donations. Before setting up the
acknowledgement document make sure to turn on the Donation Frequency in the Form Options.
- Click on Acknowledgements on the left-side menu under the Widget Configuration Menu.
- Click on Recurring Acknowledgement Email.
- Select the document you want to send as an acknowledgement to the user once the form is submitted. The documents shown in the drop-down are the documents in the Template under the Templates folder in the Admin - Documents Manager.
Note if you have configured your own frequencies then you will need to set the Use Frequency Acknowledgement Email Checkbox for all of them (except one-off frequency). This is the functionality that allows you to automatically send different acknowledgement email for each of the recurring donation configured in this section.