The new widget configuration tool will replace the current widget configuration under the Admin section once released from beta. This new function has a series of new features and improvements that will make it easier to use, manage and sort by widget types on the same page.
We are very pleased to also announce the new Unsubscribe widget configuration of part of this new release.
- All widgets are sorted by types
- Custom Attributes configuration
- Advance custom attributes for Donation Widget
- ability to make widgets Active and Inactive (Archive)
- Three different Themes for donation widget
- Customed colour configuration for the themes
- Unsubscribe widget configuration - New
- Creating a copy of the widget
- Deleting the unwanted widget
- Donation prompts and Donation frequency configuration
New Widget Config Home:
- Select Widget Type: There are 6 types of widgets user can create and manage
- Donation Widget
- Registration Widget
- Membership Widget
- Contact Us Widget
- Event Widget
- Unsubscribe Widget
- Creating a new Widget: To create a new widget, just select the widget type and then click Create (Widget Type) widget button.
- Existing Widgets: When you will select the widget type in the first step, It will show exiting widgets at the bottom of that same type. For example, If you will select Registration widget type, It will show only Registration widgets in the existing widgets table. It makes easier to navigate through different widgets and avoid mixup like old widget config.
- Search Existing Widgets: There is a search bar in the existing widgets table which allows you to search any widget for the selected type.
- Show Inactive: In the bottom of the existing widgets table, There is a checkbox called "Show Inactive". By clicking the checkbox, it will show all the inactive widgets of the selected type. By un-checking the checkbox it will hide the inactive widgets to make the User-Interface more organized.
Creating New widget:
- Click on Create Widget button after selecting the Widget Type, It will open up a form. There will be a configuration menu on the left and the middle section will show a preview of the widget once we save it.
- On the left menu, Click on Form Setup. It will open up a sidebar with configuration options.
- Enter the name of the widget and click save. It will save the widget and then will show the preview of the widget in the centre section.
- You can see the different preview by using the buttons in the middle which is Tab, Computer, Mobile. By using these buttons, you will be able to see how the widget will look like in the Tab, computer or even on the mobile phone.
- You can close the widget and go back to the main screen by using the close button located on the top right submenu, next to the save button.
- There is a fresh button on the top right of the centre section which shows the preview, You can refresh the preview by using it.
Editing Existing Widget:
- Once you created the widget, you can edit it any time you want by simply clicking on the Edit button in the existing widgets table.
- Click on the Left-hand side menu option and update the desired field and click on save. It will update the widget and will refresh the preview to show any UI change.
- If you want to make the widget inactive, There is an Active checkbox on the top right corner in the submenu. Just uncheck the Active checkbox and click save.
- It will hide that widget in the widget config home but you can still see it if you click on show Inactive checkbox at the bottom
Advanced configuration: This option is used to add GL codes and Attribute options in the top of the donation widget.
- Select Attribute Type: Select the attribute type to show the attributes linked to it on the widget
- Select Frequency: Select the Frequency of the donation
- Select Attribute: Select an attribute that will apply to the donor based on the attribute selected
- Is in memoriam: Select if you want to mark this donation as in memoriam based on attribute selected y donor
- Select Category Id: Select the GL code applied to the donation based on attribute selected
- Select Campaign: Select the campaign applied to the donation based on attribute selected
- Select Document: Select the document applied to the donation based on attribute selected
- Select Attachment: Select the attachment applied to the donation based on attribute selected
- Show Custom Attribute Buttons: Turn on the option to show the buttons on the widget
2. More Options: Click on More option to see more configuration options
- Themes: We have three different themes you configure in the widget. Select the Theme menu, It will show 3 themes in the centre and you can preview it by just doing a mouse over on the theme. Select the checkbox (Use this template) of the desired theme and then click save. It will apply the theme right away and the preview will show its changes.
- Custom CSS: Custom CSS option offers 2 options: 1. You can upload your own CSS to the widget. 2. Customize colours to the selected theme: If you have installed the theme already provided by Vega then this option will show up. You can basically choose the colour of the theme. You can select from basic colours or you can select any colour by using the option in front of form colour textbox and then click save button under the options.
3. Configure Custom Attributes: This configuration can be used for both Registration and Unsubscribe widget. It allows the user to create custom attributes which will be assigned to the user based on the options he selects.
- Enter Label Text: Here you will enter the text that will show as a label for the options
- Select Attribute Type: Select the attribute type for which you want to configure attributes as options.
- Select Option Type: You can choose how to show attribute options. It can be a dropdown, checkbox, Radio Buttons or a text box.
- Select placement: You can select whether you want to show these attribute options at the top of the form or at the bottom.
- Select the Collation Sequence: You can select the order of the configurations.
- IsActive: You can enable or disable the configuration options from the widget.
- Existing Custom attributes: It will show the existing attribute configuration. You can click on the Edit button to update the existing configuration.
4. Configuring Donation Prompts: You can Add and remove the donation prompts on the donation widget by using this tool. You can also link a particular document to a specific donation prompt. So, when user will click on a particular prompt, it will show the document on top linked to it.
- Open the widget in which you want to configure the donation prompts.
- Click on the Donation Options on the right-hand side menu. You will see the configuration form in the middle.
- Enter the Prompt amount value, Select the document from the dropdown you want to show on the top when the prompt will be selected(Optional) and you can make any prompt default by using the Set as a default checkbox.
- Click add to enter the prompt. You will see the prompt saved in the table below.
- You can Edit any prompt buy just clicking the Edit button in the table.
- You can also delete any prompt by clicking Delete button in the table.
5. Configuring Donation Frequency: Now you will be able to configure donation frequency for your donation widget.
- Open the widget, click on the donation form. The frequency configuration is under the donation prompts configuration. If it's not visible, then make sure it's checked on in the form options menu (There is an option to show/hide donation frequency in the Form Options menu)
- To add new frequency, Just select the frequency from the dropdown and click Add. You can make any Frequency default by using Set As Default checkbox.
- Only selected frequencies will show on the widget.
- You can delete any frequency by just clicking the delete button on the table.