From the Home or Contacts tab, you can search for a contact using a wide range of criteria. There are three dropdowns available when searching for contacts, contacts to be searched, search options, and search criteria.
Contacts to be searched
The first dropdown available is to set the range of contacts you would like to search in. This will be set as All Contacts as default and search all contacts within your organisation.
Changing this to My Contacts will limit the search function to only find matching contacts who are on one of your assigned lists, have your user assigned on an attribute, or have an attribute where your user is linked. Click here to read more about linking a user to attributes.
There is a range of search options available to make it easier for you to find the contact(s) you need and these are all available in the Search Options dropdown.
The default search options are:
- Vega ID: Search for a contact by their Vega ID.
- Account Name: Search for a contact by their Account Name.
- First and Last Name: Search for a contact by both their First Name and Last Name.
- Last Name: Search for a contact by their Last Name.
- First Name: Search for a contact by their First Name.
- Email: Search for a contact by their Email Address.
Further search options available from the dropdown are:
To remove a search option click on the 'X' next to the search option name:
If you wish to clear all the search options and start from scratch then click the Clear button:
The final dropdown allows you to set specific search criteria on how the searched value is matched to the chosen options. The default search criteria is Starts With.
- Starts With: Search for contacts where the search criteria begins with the given characters.
- Exact Match: Search for contacts where the search criteria is an exact match for the input string.
- Anywhere In: Search for contacts who have the given input string anywhere in the search criteria.