The Vega widgets work in three different ways to start and then improve your engagement with your community of support. This is hard(er) to replicate in pages linked to the API.
- The widgets of course capture donation, registration, event ticketing or other walk-up data from the public. They can be heavily customised and must look and feel like an integral part of your website. It is important the person never leaves your web site, which is why we recommend STRIPE as a payment gateway for instance.
- When the person CLICKS SUBMIT/DONATE/ETC and confirms the transaction, you can ask them to complete a short (3-4 question) survey. This is really important in starting or continuing the Engagement experience. We are trying to turn everyone into a champion for your organisation. So we ask them some simple questions which help us understand what they are trying to achieve by donation/registering for instance. Understanding Donor Motivations is very important, and you are likely to attract a lot of Millennials where it is vital.
- Another question may be "Would you support our Facebook or Social Media Pages?". This is really vital again. The donor is likely to say yes and this gives us a follow-up opportunity to say thank you TWICE.
The Vega Workflow/Automation Engine is alerted by the person saying yes, and at a time of your choosing sends an email (SMS) that says "Thank you so much for your lovely gift/Registration/etc. Please click on this link to become a Social media friend.
When they do, we say Thank you again. They are immediately engaged. Try and say thank you 3 - 4 times, without seeming to be a clutz!
- If as a result of other question/answers they get customised information served a few days later about how LiveOcean is helping them achieve something cool, then they will be a long term friend and supporter, and they will share that experience.
But wait, there is more!
- When you run a "Call to action" email which might be an invitation to donate / register for an event etc. The hyperlink that takes the donor to the landing page (donation page/event registration page etc) personalises the page with great impact. You can add a greeting, the name and address block are pre-filled and even the donation amounts (if needed) are personalised. This significantly boosts your conversion rate.
So all in all this technology is vital to have and can be expensive to rebuild.