May 2020, Vega released major new functionality: Branches.
If your organisation has multiple offices, branches, locations, or even child-organisations then this new feature will save you time and give you clarity by managing your contacts and payments.
Branches can be used on Contact records, Payment records, User records, and Documents (merge fields).
Why use Branches?
You have multiple organisational/branch/location/fund names, with different: addresses, phone numbers, GST numbers, and signatories.
- Assign a Branch to a user, so that every Contact a user adds to Vega will be automatically assigned to the user's branch.
- A Contact's branch will also be assigned to any payments added to the contact.
- When adding Contacts and Payments to Vega, branches can be edited and changed - at a Contact AND Payment level e.g. the donor "belongs" to a certain branch but has chosen to donate to another.
- Instead of creating separate documents for each branch, create a SINGLE document that uses Branch merge fields e.g. use merge field #BranchGST# to populate the correct branch GST number on a receipt.
- Connect your Branches to your widgets, e.g. donation widget, so that your supporters can donate directly to their branch.
- Contact and Payment "tagging" by branch makes payment allocation, campaign targeting, and document design more efficient!
How to use and add Branches