Occasionally you might need to update a payment's status if it has been entered incorrectly or there is a change to the circumstances.
You can also delete payments which will update the status to Payment Cancelled and this will no longer be used in any reporting.
Please note: This is only available to system admin users.
To update a payment's status via its batch under Money:
- Open the batch where the payment is recorded.
- Un-post the batch (if it is posted).
- Right-click the payment and select the correct status you would like to update it to.
- The payment status will then be updated, as well as the batch totals. Deleted payments will be removed from the batch but will still be displayed on the contact.
To update a payment's status from within the contact:
- Open the contact who made the payment.
- Click on the Payments & Recurring tab.
- Right-click the payment and select the correct status.
- The payment status will then be updated.
In both cases, an audit log of the update will be created on the contact.
Please note: If the payment status is set to successful and no receipt number had been generated, a receipt number will be generated for this payment, dependent on your financial settings.
Please sign in to leave a comment.