Vega supplies a range of document templates for you to personalise by adding your organisation’s logo, images and text. Receipt templates work in two parts:
Part 1: Acknowledgement
This is an email sent to donor to acknowledge payment
Part 2: Template
This is a PDF official tax receipt
- Go to the ‘Admin’ section (If you cannot see this on your main top menu bar, you may not have authorisation to access it, and will need to seek permission from your System Administrator)
- Click the ‘Documents’ button in the main section of screen
- You are now in Vega's ‘Template Manager’ where you can create and manage all your templates and documents.
- An overview on Using Template Manager provides useful tips on navigating this function and creating and editing your receipts.
There are 3 Types of Recurring Donation Receipts:
1. Recurring Donation Receipt Acknowledgement
This is an email sent to donor to acknowledge regular payment
2. Recurring Donation Receipt Acknowledgement - No Attachment
This is an email sent to donor to acknowledge regular payment containing an official tax receipt embedded within the email
3. Regular Donation Receipt Template
This is a PDF official tax receipt which can be printed and sent in the post, OR sent as a PDF attachment with the ‘Recurring Donation Receipt Acknowledgement’ email above
- In 'Template Manager', click the ‘Template’ folder which will drop-down again to show another ‘Templates’ folder, click again
- Scroll through templates until you find ‘Recurring Donation Receipts’
- Select the receipt you require and click blue button on right-hand side ‘Copy Template’
- On the left-hand side you will see a ‘Copy’ of the template
- Select the ‘Copy’ template and click blue button on right-hand side ‘Open’
- The next screen will open a copy template for you to edit with your organisation’s logo, images and text.
- When completed, click blue ‘Save’ button in top right-hand side
- The next screen will enable you to ‘Save Your Template’
- Complete a ‘Template Name’ for your receipt
- Complete a ‘Subject’ line - the suggested text includes a merge field with supporter name (for email). It is not necessary to complete this for a PDF document.
- Complete ‘Folder Name’, you can change this file name to align with the relevant folder, e.g. Email Receipt or Letter Receipt
- Add ‘Attachment’ if you want to attach a PDF tax receipt or other document with your emai
- Click the blue ‘Save’ button and you will receive a green message box in the top left-hand corner to confirm the ‘Document Saved’
- You can review or print all your saved receipts in 'Template Manager', and also available to select from the drop-down menu in supporter record when you add/receipt a payment under ‘Receipt Type’