Branch details can be set-up/configured and assigned to Vega users. The benefit is: every contact a user adds to Vega will be automatically assigned to that user's branch.
On the occasion that a user is entering a contact on behalf of another branch, the branch can be manually changed via the branch dropdown on the Contact dashboard.
Please note: a Contact's branch will be assigned to any payments added to the contact, NOT a user's branch. This can also be manually changed via payment attributes on the payment record itself. e.g. the donor "belongs" to a certain branch but has chosen to donate to another.
To create a new branch AND assign branches to users, you will need to have a user account with administrative access. If you cannot see the Admin section on your main top menu bar, you may not have the authorisation to access it and will need to seek permission from your System Administrator.
To Create a New Branch
- Navigate to the Admin tab
- Click Branches on the left-hand side menu
- Click on Add New Branch
- To save a new branch, the Branch Name is required*. Other fields you can add for each branch are Branch Address, Branch Phone, Branch GST number, Branch Signature file, and Branch Signature text. These fields are all available as document merge fields.
- The Collation field will set the order the branches display in the branch dropdown on the contact dashboard.
- The Active checkbox will be ticked to make a branch active/visible in Vega. Any unused branches can be unticked to be made inactive/invisible.
- Click Save to add the branch.
Assign a Branch to a user
Once your branches have been added, you need to assign them to your users.
- From the Admin tab, Click User Maintenance from the main Admin Home window.
- Your user list will be displayed. Click into each row/user to add/edit a Branch.
- Use the Branch dropdown to select the appropriate branch.
- Click the Save button on the top right. Once the user record has successfully saved, the record will close and you will be returned to your list of users. Repeat these steps for all your users.
To use these changes immediately, ask your users to log out and back into Vega.
Vega now has merge fields relating to Branches (new!), Contacts, Payments, Organisation, General, Widget, and Annual Receipts. To access the list of all Merge tags you can use in vega click here