Membership models allow you to create a renewal policy that suits your constitution. Remember that renewal policy is potentially slightly different for renewing members and new members. What this means is that Vega will take an existing member record and use that as the start date for a renewed member, whereas the payment date is the start date for a new member.
From the Admin - The Membership models available are:
- The 1st of the month of the anniversary of the payment (or expiry for renewing members) in the number of years specified in “span years”, which defaults to 1.
This renews your members to the 1st of the month on the anniversary of their join. If their last membership (existing member renewing) expired less than 3 months ago, then the membership is renewed from the expiry date of their last membership.
- This renews or enrols members to renew to the actual or strict anniversary of their membership payment. The anniversary of the payment in the number of years in “Span Years”.
- The membership for new members is calculated as the exact anniversary of the membership payment plus 1 year.
- This renews or enrols members to a fixed date in the year, for instance, the 1st January or 1st June when all members are renewed at once.
Issue or Fixed Issue
- This is suitable for magazine subscriptions only. It calculates a folio and issue number based on your business rules to calculate an expiry issue.
- The number of span years added to the Payment Date (or Expiry date for renewing members).
- This has no expiry.