All transactions processed by the widgets, whether this includes a payment or just a registration, go through the same process to try and match the details to an existing contact in your Vega first.
The process for matching and updating contact details is described below for the different options available.
Standard widget link
The standard widget link refers to a non-GUID URL, this is all processing from a webpage with your widget embedded or direct from the widget URL itself when the xlnse3=#GUID# is not added to the URL.
An existing contact is matched based on:
- The existing contact is active
- The existing contact has an exact match to the entered last name
- The existing contact's first name initial is a match to the entered first name initial
At least one of the below matches also exists:
- The existing contact has a telecom value matching the entered email address.
- The existing contact has a telecom value matching the entered mobile.
- The existing contact has an existing address1 or address2. The existing address1 must then match the entered value for address1.
- When matching to the email, mobile, or address the existing values and the entered values are trimmed to remove any starting or ending blank spaces.
- When matching contacts based on the above criteria it does not matter what the case is of the existing data or the entered values.
- If your widget does not include any of the email, mobile, or address fields then Vega will not be able to confirm a match and new contacts will be created.
When a contact is matched from a standard widget link the letter casing of the existing contact information will not be updated for the first name, last name, or account name.
GUID Widget link
This process is used when a personalised GUID link is used by including xlnse3=#GUID# in the URL of the widget or the webpage embedded with the widget.
- This will pre-fill the widget with the existing values on the contact and ensures a direct match to the contact sent the communication from Vega.
- If an email including the GUID link is forwarded by the receiving contact and the link is used by someone else then the existing contact will be updated with the new information entered on the widget.
- When the GUID link is used a new contact will never be created.
- If the contact has a single contact type, such as individual, and the letter casing is updated on the widget then the letter casing will be updated on the existing contact's first name, last name, and account name.
- If the contact has a multiple contact type, such as organisation, and the letter casing is updated on the widget then the letter casing of the first name and last name will be updated only. The account name will not be changed for these contact types.
Please sign in to leave a comment.