Cashbook Report is a very useful tool for managing for your organization finance as it gives you the report of all the Batches, Posting and the payments, furthermore, it provides you with a precise information, which you can post to Xero to do your accounts.
You can use 5 different filters to extract the report you needed for financials.
- Accounts: You can choose a particular account to filter the transactions made to your organization.
- Pay Type: Selecting a particular pay type will return you the results of only selected pay type.
- Distribution: You can filter the report by a distribution (General Ledger Code). It can be very helpful while posting to Xero as if you want to post payments of a particular Ledger Code.
- Batch Code: Batch code can also be used to filter the report. If you filter the report by a batch code, It will return you the payments linked to that specific batch.
- Dates: You can choose a specific date range to extract the payment information.
Generating the Report
To generate the report, Choose the right filters and click generate. It will give you the results under the different tabs: Postings, Batches, All Payments and Payments Posted to General Ledger. If you click on any of the payment listed in the Posting area, It will open a modal with the detailed information of that posting on Status - Code - Date - Name - Campaign - Amount - Pay Type - Receipt Date - Supporter No - Code and Distribution
Exporting the Report
Once the report has been generated, you can export it to a CSV file or a PDF by clicking on the respective buttons.
Posting to Xero
When you generate the report, You will see some results in the Cash Book Summary table on the right side, Which displays the summary of the cashbook report. You will see Date, Distribution, Line Item and the Gross amount columns in that table. The line item is the combination of the batch code and the payment type, which helps you to identify the payments when you post them to Xero.
Once the Cashbook summary has been generated, Just click on Post to Xero button and it will give you a success message after posting to Xero.
Things to Note for posting to Xero:
- Make Sure you are connected to Xero.
- Make sure you have selected the right bank account before posting to Xero. The selected bank account should be present in Xero, Otherwise export the bank accounts from Xero first and then link the payments to it in the batch.
- The selected bank account should have the correct Ledger Code. It should match the ledger code of the bank account you have in Xero. You can check this by going in Admin -> Financial Settings -> click on Add/Edit Bank accounts. It will show you all the bank accounts in your organization and the Ledger code you are using. In case your ledger code is incorrect, Simply click on the bank account in the table and update the Ledger code and click save.
Please sign in to leave a comment.