You can create a document by copying another or clicking +New and selecting your template.
To Copy one of your current documents, click Copy to the right of the document you would like to use:
This will create your copy document, which you can click on to open.
If creating a New document, a window will open for you to choose the correct template to use.
In both instances, it is best practice to start by saving your new document, click Save > Save As to open the below window:
Please Note- Save As does not save a new document, it will update your current document with the changes made. Always click Copy from the initial Template Manager screen to copy a document to use.
- You must select a Parent Folder/ Type to save your document in from the left-hand side
- The Document Name is for your organisation only and will not be displayed in the document itself.
- The Subject is used when the document is sent via email, this can include a merge tag for personalisation.
- The Folder Name refers to the subfolder under the Type, writing a folder name which does not already exist will create a new one.
- There is also the option to save another document to be sent as an attachment when this is used to send an email to contact. Clicking Add will open another document folder structure window where you can select a current document to be sent as the attachment. A common use for this is to attach a receipt document to an acknowledgement email document:
- Click Save to update your document with the correct details
Move a Document
If you need to move the folder a document is saved to you can also do this via Save > Save As.
The current parent folder will be highlighted and you can select a new one or select a different subfolder if this is the only move required. The Folder Name text box will be updated with your new selection, you could also type a folder name here to create a new one.
During this process, you can also update the document name and/ or subject