In April 2020, Vega rolled out document tags, which can be applied to your documents inside the Template Manager.
What are Document Tags?
While document 'type' is the Vega's parent folder structure for your documents, document 'folder' is the sub-folders you have added to further organise your documents, document 'tag' is how you can assign your documents with their use/purpose; giving you another way to filter and organise your documents and ensure they only show in the correct document options.
You can assign as many appropriate tags to a document as required e.g. a receipt document may be tagged with 'Annual Receipt' and 'Tax Receipt' etc.
The tags that are currently available are:
- Acknowledgement (e.g. a general thank you email or letter that isn't an official receipt)
- Annual Receipt (e.g. a document formatted to receipt for a financial year's donations)
- Email (e.g. formatted specifically to be viewed/sent via email)
- PDF (e.g. a document that is used as an attachment, which Vega PDFs on send, or a document that is to be generated by the document server for bulk mail outs and DMs)
- Tax Receipt - any document that is sent as an official donation tax receipt. This document tag can be used in your Financial Receipt Settings, please see the next section.
- Widget Acknowledgement (e.g. a general thank you email configured to be sent from a Vega widget to a supporter)
- Widget Header (e.g. a document that is configured to be displayed on Vega widget)
- Widget Notification (e.g. a document that is configured to be sent from a Vega widget to a user)
- Widget Thank You (e.g. a document that is configured to be displayed as a thank you page on a Vega widget)
Tax Receipt Document Tag
The Tax Receipt document tag has an important role to play, depending on your Financial Receipt Settings.
Vega allows users to opt into a setting, found under Admin > Financial Settings > Receipt Settings section: Mark payments as receipted only when a document with the tag 'Tax Receipt' is sent.
By turning on this setting, all receipt documents MUST have a tag of 'Tax Receipt'. If the document sent in acknowledgement of a payment does not have this tag, then a receipt number will not be generated and the payment will not be flagged as receipted and it will be included in all annual receipt queries.
Adding Custom Document Tags
The Vega system document tags can't be removed/deleted, but you can add your own! This is managed through Attributes.
To do this, navigate to Admin > Attributes > find the Document Tag type. You can click 'view', then in the right-hand attribute view, click the green plus symbol to add new document tag attributes. These will show in your template manager. Return here to add or edit your custom document tags:
These document tags can now be assigned to your documents to assist with organising and ease of finding the correct document by selecting them in your filter settings.