The Template Manager is used to create Templates and Documents and can be accessed in three ways:
- From the Home page you can click Add Document (below the search bar):
- From Admin > Document Templates:
- In a PDF or Email Campaign Action in Engage:
Any of the above options will take you to the below screen where you can view your current documents, create new ones and edit any existing:
- New enables you to create a new document by selecting one of the pre-designed templates or one of your own. Vega supplies default templates from BeeEditor, Examples with different column layouts and Vega Templates for various receipt documents:
- Browse gives you access to the folder structure where you can see current documents and open any of these (see structure detail in the table below)
- Add/ Edit Types will open a window displaying your Document Types where you can edit existing ones or add a new one
- Type allows you to filter your documents by a specific type name
- Folder allows you to filter your documents by a specific folder name
- Tag allows you to filter your documents by a specific tag name
- Search allows you to easily search for a document with a keyword from the document name, folder name or dates
- Copy dropdown gives you the option to either copy or delete a document. The Copy will be saved to the same folder and have the same document name with -Copy at the end. If a document is deleted it will be permanently removed from the database
The Template Manager has a tiered design to allow your organisation to set their preferred structure and provides ease of finding the correct document to use.
The first tier is the Type or Parent folder.
The Template folder cannot be edited as this has specific functionality. A document which is saved in the Template folder/ has a type of Template will not be accessible in any document dropdown lists in Vega.
These templates can be used to create your documents which will then be saved in the appropriate folder.
You can also create your own templates, for example having an e-newsletter template document which can be used as the base for each future newsletter document to ensure consistency.
|Folder||The second tier is the subfolder. These are created by the user and you can have as many subfolders in the type as needed by your organisation|
|Document||You now have your document, the name the document is saved as will be displayed under its corresponding subfolder.|
Each document can have tags assigned to it. These are used to show the purpose of the document within your system and allow you to set filters on specific dropdowns.