There are a variety of ways to add payments to a supporter record. If you use the website widgets or the API then Vega will automatically process the donation, including receipting, de-duplicating and inserting the payment into the appropriate contact.
Alternatively, you can add a single donation for a supporter. Or you can use Batch Entry to add multiple donations.
Add Single Donation and Receipt
Find the contact you are adding a payment to and click 'Add Payment' from the top button options to open the payment form:
On the left-hand side, you will see important contact information:
- Vega ID and Account Name
- Contact Branch
- Receipt option
- Key Attributes (if this setting is turned on)
- Alert (if this setting is turned on)
Underneath this will be any payment attributes. You will automatically have the Contact Branch added here and drop-down lists to add any other applicable payment attributes.
The middle section of this form is where all payment details are added:
- Payment Type- There are six payment types to use:
- Standard: This is the default option for receipting one-off payments. No further information is required
- Membership: This option is available if memberships have been set up in Vega. It allows for membership payments to be processed by selecting the membership type
- Pledge: Pledge payments are for recording promised or pledged amounts to be paid at a later date. The pay type is automatically updated to ‘Pledge’ and is not recorded against payments receipted
- Invoice: Like Pledges, invoices are not recorded as payments until the invoice has been paid
- In-Memorium: Allows for payments to be recorded in memory of another individual within Vega. Details of in memoriam payments can be included in documents through the use of merge tags
- Supporter-led Fundraising: This option will allow a payment to be recorded as fundraised by another contact in Vega and will also show on their payments
- Pay Type- Cheque, Credit Card etc. Each of these different types will require different details to be completed as per the method of payment. If you have a payment gateway setup through Vega, you can Process Credit Card Payments directly through this screen
- Total Amount- Add the payment amount and click Distribute
- Pay Date- The date the transaction is made
- Receipt Date- The date the transaction is receipted, usually today's date
- Receipt Type- This is the document to be issued in acknowledgement of the payment. The drop-down will show all available documents with the Tax Receipt or Acknowledgement document tag
- Send By- This is the method used to send the receipt:
- PDF: This is used to send a printed receipt and shows the option to Download Receipt to export the receipt before or after saving the payment.
- Email: This is used to automatically send the document via email to the preferred email address on the contact dashboard. Save the payment and then re-open to send the email
If processing the payment through your payment gateway, save the payment before sending a receipt to ensure this has been a successful transaction.
On the right-hand side, you can add further detail and select the financial coding to be used:
- Particulars- This is a text box to record any information relevant to this payment
- Distributions- This is where the financial coding for the Campaign and GL Code are added for this payment. This payment can be split to have portions coded to different Campaigns and/or GL Codes. The default displayed will be the one configured in your financial settings. You can edit the Distribution Amount to only allocate part of this payment and then allocate the rest:
- Note that GL codes can be imported from Xero if the integration has been enabled or added manually in the Admin section.
Once all of your payment information has been entered, click Save. Your transaction will now be recorded on the Payment & Recurring tab of the contact.