There are a variety of ways to add payments to a supporter record. If you use the website widgets or the API then Vega will automatically process the donation, including receipting, de-duplicating and inserting the payment into the appropriate supporter record.
Alternatively, you can add a single donation for a supporter. Or you can use Batch Entry to add multiple donations.
Add Single Donation And Receipt
- Go to ‘Contacts’ section
- Click ‘Add Payment’
- Check supporter details to ensure you are adding payments to the correct record
- Select ‘Pay Type’, e.g. Cheque, Credit Card etc. Each ‘Pay Type’ requires different details to be completed as per the method of payment.
- If you have a payment gateway setup through Vega, you can Process Credit Card Payments directly through this screen.
- Add ‘Total Amount’
- Complete any other information you want to record with this payment in the ‘Particulars’ box
- The ‘Distribution’ button allows you to allocate the whole payment, or a portion of the payment, to a particular campaign or GL code (see the right-hand panel). By default, all transactions will be distributed to the default campaign and GL code.
- Select the ‘Campaign’ that the transaction relates to, alternatively leave the default campaign selected.
- Select the ‘GL Code’ to record this payment against. You can allocate the whole payment or part of the payment to the selected GL code. Click ‘Add’. You can repeat this to allocate the remaining portion of the total payment to another campaign or GL code.
- Note that GL codes can be imported from Xero if the integration has been enabled or added manually in the Admin section.
- Select the ‘Pay Date’, which is the date transaction is being processed, usually today’s date
- Select the ‘Receipt Date’ which is the date that the transaction occurred
- Select your ‘Receipt Type’ from your menu of receipt documents you have saved in Template Manager
- ‘Send By’, select ‘PDF’ if you want a printed receipt and select ‘Download’ button, prior to saving the payment.
- ‘Send By’, select ‘Email’ for an email to automatically send to the supporter
- This action will automatically save the payment and receipt in Vega
- ‘Payment Type’ is an optional field for your use. Select the ‘type’ of payment you are processing:
Standard: This is the default option for receipting one off payments. No further information is required.
Pledge: Pledge payments are for recording promised or pledged amounts to be paid at a later date. The pay type is automatically updated to ‘Pledge’ and is not recorded against payments receipted.
Invoice: Like Pledges, invoices are not recorded as payments until the invoice has been paid.
In-Memorium: Allows for payments to be recorded in memory of another individual within Vega. Details of in memoriam payments can be included in documents through the use of merge tags.
Membership: This option is available if memberships have been setup in Vega. It allows for membership payments to be processed by selecting the membership type.
CLICK SAVE BEFORE YOU EXIT SUPPORTER RECORD