All payment gateways require a fee for processing payments/donations. This can mean when a donor gives you $50, in reality, it might only be $48 when the fees have been removed.
Now vega has a feature that allows you to ask your donors if they would like to cover the gateway's processing fee!
Please note as of April 2020 this feature is available to trial for all Vega supported payment gateways. Vega will be implementing a 50 cent flat fee per donation fee covered. e.g. the donor will be charged for their donation + your gateway's processing fee + 50 cents.
Your gateway will pass this additional 50 cents (NZD) fee directly to Vega for future developments.
If you are using this feature but a donor chooses not to cover your gateway's processing fee, the donor will only be charged for their donation.
To activate this feature, your organisation will need:
- A Vega-supported payment gateway set up in Vega.
- A Vega Donation widget, which processes online donations using your payment gateway.
- To know what your payment gateway fees are, contact your gateway for this information if you are unsure. Vega allows you to set a percentage and/or flat fee to cover your processing fee.
- Administrator security/permission level in Vega.
Once you have the above, you can set-up this feature for immediate use!
Configure your processing fee
1. Navigate to Admin > Payment Gateway. Here you will see your connected gateway (in the below screenshot the gateway is Stripe).
- The first box is for a percentage fee. In the screenshot below is an example showing 2.90% added. If you have a donation percentage as part of your processing fee, enter this here.
- The second box is for an amount/flat-fee. In the screenshot below is an example showing 30 cents added. If you have a donation flat-fee as part of your processing fee, enter this here.
Please note many gateways add a percentage and a flat-fee, so you can populate both boxes.
2. Click the blue Save changes button in the right-hand corner.
Configure your donation widget(s)
1. Go to Admin > New Widget Configuration
If you have multiple donation widgets, you will need to activate it for each widget - or just for those widgets, you would like to include this functionality.
Click the Edit button next to the required widget(s).
2. Click into the Financial section from the Configuration Options:
- Turn on the switch for Show Processing Fee.
- Assign a GL code to the processing fee. This will distribute the fee to a different GL than the donation.
3. Click the blue Save button in the right-hand corner. If you refresh and enter a donation amount into the preview, you'll see the box appear with the calculation based on your processing fee configuration:
Article is closed for comments.