This article lets you know the new features and fixes released with each publish.
After a new publish you may need to clear your browser cache to ensure you can see the new updates and continue using vega as normal. This is a simple process detailed here for all browsers.
5th May 2022
- The mailings tab on contacts will now display a method column as detailed below:
- PDF - Documents downloaded as PDF from a payment form
- Bulk PDF - Documents downloaded as PDF from the batch output
- Email Form - Documents emailed by the Add Email option on a contact or from the mailings tab email option.
- Email Server - Documents emailed by a batch output, documents emailed from a payment form, or emails sent by a campaign action.
- There is a new option added to the Mailings tab, this is displayed as an email icon.
- This button will open the email form with the PDF attachment, when there is an available PDF attachment.
- If the document and attachment are available to download then these will both be added as attachments to your new email.
- The email form can then be used to write an email or select a document to use.
- This option is only available for PDF or Individual Email Server emails.
- Batches now have a checkbox on the right of each row, as well as an option at the top of the batch to select all payments. When the batch is posted, this allows one or more transactions to be selected and download/email those specific documents with the right-click options. If the batch is unposted these multi-select options will allow you to update the payment status, delete payments or move payments to another batch for all selected with the right-click options.
- There is now an audit column added to each batch to display actions taken. This will be updated further to display more detail in the near future.
- More options have been added to the quick links options in the top menu bar to allow ease of access between different areas of vega:
- The Cashbook Report now includes these options:
- Option to include cancelled payments and will not include these as default.
- A Campaign filter now allows you to show payments for a specific campaign only.
- The campaign, Transaction ID, Pay Gate Reference, and Status have been added as columns on the All Payments tab.
- Recurring payments will now show the option to Use the Current Recurring Campaign, this is a tick box above the campaign dropdown. This works with the Recurring campaign tag to allow the payment generated by a recurrence to be processed against the most recent campaign with this specific tag.
- The email server has been divided into 4 separate servers for transaction emails, distribution emails, annual receipt emails and bulk emails. Users will not see a difference when emails are sent but this fix will resolve previously reported delays.
- Queries which include or exclude other queries were not executed correctly when used for the campaign recipients. This has now been resolved so that the nested queries can be used here.
8th April 2022
- Updates have been made to what contact fields are changed depending on whether the personalised GUID link is used or the contact is matched based on the fields entered and whether the subtype of the contact category is individual or multiple. There is also additional information recorded in the audit log to show these changes.
- GUID link with individual contact type:
- Any change made on the widget will be updated on the contact. This includes a change to the letter casing in the name fields. A change to the First Name will also update the Salutation and the Account Name. A change to the Last Name will also update the Account Name.
- Fields not included in the widget will not be changed on the contact.
- GUID link with multiple contact type:
- Any change made on the widget will be updated on the contact. This includes a change to the letter casing in the name fields. A change to the First Name will also update the Salutation. The Account Name will not be updated in any instance.
- Fields not included in the widget will not be changed on the contact.
- Non GUID link with individual contact type:
- The contact will be matched based on the first initial, last name and email, phone, or address.
- If the letter casing of the entered name is not the same as the existing contact but the text is the same then it will not be updated.
- GUID link with individual contact type:
- We have published further checks and handling to prevent payments being created with duplicated distributions.
6th April 2022
- New merge tags are now available to be used for ticket purchases and a distribution summary, these are currently only available when sending/downloading a document from within vega, not a widget.
- #TicketSummary# will produce a grid displaying a row for each product purchased, the quantity purchased, the ticket numbers allocated, GST if included on the GL Code, and the total amount. A total row will be included also.
- #DistributionSummary# will produce a grid displaying a row for each different GL Code within the payment, product if they have been purchased, the quantity purchased, the GST if applicable for that GL Code, and the total amount. A total row will be included also. The Category column is populated from the GL Code name.
Ticket purchase with donation example:
Membership payment with donation example:
- First Name, Last Name, Salutation and Orgnisation have been added as fields displayed on the payment form under Contact Details. Hovering over these fields will display a label for the field the information is populated from.
- Additional detail has been added to the audit log when a payment is added/updated, a distribution is added/updated and attributes are added.
- When the payment form is restricted by document tags on the receipt documents displayed it would not allow a receipt to be downloaded if the existing document is not available. This has been resolved so that the document can always be downloaded, regardless if the document is no longer available as an active choice.
- The default campaign and GL Code were not always being displayed when a payment form is first loaded, this has been corrected now.
- The search option has been re-instated in the campaign dropdown on the payment form to make it easier to find the correct campaign.
31st March 2022
- We have added a further update to the event functionality so that a $0 transaction is created for a free RSVP event or a ticketed event with $0 tickets. This will be created as a transaction with paytype Free Event. This will then also create the product under the products tab and display the ticket numbers allocated for this event registration. The $0 payment allows a receipt document to be added to the payment and an acknowledgement/confirmation sent in response to the event registration. The event insights will be updated based on these $0 transactions to correctly track all registrations and the Responded to Campaign option can now be used in the query tool for these events. These 'payments' will not be included in the contact's support details or included in annual receipts. Events that are currently active have had a transaction created for any previous registrations.
- The merge tag #OrgSignatureText# was displaying text in a single line, this will now format correctly as it shows in the organisation profile.
28th March 2022
- Email receipts sent from the payment form or batches will be available to download from the Mailings tab on the contact. There will now be two options available, for the Email document and Attachment document. These are available when either the email or attachment document have the tax receipt tag. There is no change to the recording of PDF receipts sent out.
- Cheque payments were not saving the account name or cheque number, this has now been resolved.
18th March 2022
- Update to the Annual Receipt Generator now allows you to choose a document with a saved attachment that is able to produce merge tags. This means a document for your email content can be saved with a document with the receipt detail which will be delivered as the attached PDF.
- The query tool is able to except a blank from or to date for attribute or payment criteria now. This allows you to only set a from date range or to date range allowing for more dynamic queries. When left blank the to date will default as the current date.
- Updates to the query tool
- Criteria dates were reverting to the previous day but this has now been resolved and displays the chosen date.
- Opening query criteria was not maintaining the chosen values such as date ranges and equals or does not equal. When existing criteria is now opened it shows the correct details.
- Membership criteria can now be removed from the query tool.
- The annual receipt generator All Results tab has been reinstated.
- The tabs within the Solutions tab have been reinstated.
4th March 2022
- Update to the birthday preset queries to include an optional attribute selection. You will see a pop up where you can select a specific attribute to only see contacts with this attribute who have birthdays this/next month. If no attribute is selected then it will display all contacts with birthdays.
- The Apty Need Help? widget was sometimes blocking areas in vega and stopping functionality from being able to be used. This widget can now be moved by the user if it blocks a part of vega, simply click and drag the widget across the edge of the screen to move it out of the way.
1st March 2022
- Custom attributes within any widget can now be given a custom comment label. If you select to Show Comment you will be prompted to include a comment label. This is the wording to be displayed above the text area. The text entered here will be added to the attribute comment selected on the widget.
- CC and BCC fields have been added to the Add Email function on a contact. These are free text fields and can include multiple email addresses separated by a semi-colon; and up to 500 characters in total.
- The login page- dashboard.vega.works has been updated with additional security features. Three incorrect login attempts will now block the user for 30 minutes. If you cannot log in for the first time please press ctrl + F5 or clear your cache from your browser settings to refresh the page for this update.
- The date picker on the donation widget has been resolved for the date of birth field.
- Thank you page while using a theme on the Contact Us widget was not displaying the text.
19th February 2022
- An update to the payment form allows receipts/acknowledgements to be sent per distribution.
- This has been updated by consolidating the functionality of emailing/downloading receipts to one service. This has centralised the functionality within vega for an improved service. Receipts downloaded from a batch or the payment form will be processed through the service and then an alert will notify the user with a link to download the file.
- All pledge preset queries now include date filters to set the pledge date range you would like to see the report for.
- We have updated the Pledge Management section of Insights to give a more detailed report of all pledges for your organisation and how you are tracking for all of these.
- Campaign actions can now be tagged. A default tag of Financial has been created and this can be used in the option under Admin > Dropdown Customisation to limit the campaigns shown on the payment form and batch defaults.
- RSVP and Ticket Events
- The event configuration has been updated to make it easier to create these events and displays many insights within this.
- Communications can now be sent from within an event action, generating a recipient list of invitees to the event and used to send further comms to these recipients.
- RSVP or Ticket purchases, via a widget or directly on a contact will now be recorded as Product payments and displayed on a separate Products tab on the contact.
- The option to show an 'add to calendar' on the widget is now available, as well as setting the attendee email field as mandatory in the event widget config under Form Options.
- There are now additional options in the event widget config to add a document to be displayed when the event capacity has been reached or when the event has reached the available to date, this is under Form Setup.
- Ticket Events
- Tickets can now be set with a quantity to state how many tickets are included in the type, for example, a couple ticket type can be set as a quantity of 2 and it will allocate 2 ticket numbers and deduct 2 from the quantity available.
- Tickets can be tagged as merchandise and these will not deduct from the ticket quantity available.
- Tickets can now be set with a maximum purchase amount, to limit the number someone can buy in one transaction.
- Tickets can be set with a bonus quantity, this will give free bonus tickets as per the number entered for each total purchase or each ticket purchased.
- Tickets can now be set as related to another ticket. This ticket will only be available on the widget when the related ticket has been added.
- Query tool
- The action buttons have been updated to icons and additional export options have been added directly within the query tool.
- The Output Columns have been divided into categories to make it easier to find the relevant fields, as well as specific fields only being available when specific criteria are used.
- Under Lists & Queries, Another query can now be included or excluded from your query.
- Attributes can now be selected based on their status, on a contact or payment and based on dynamic date ranges.
- Recurring payment schedules can now be queried on.
- Payments can now be queried on based on the status, payment type, payment date range, campaign, product, GL code, and pay type.
- The Total Price field has been removed from the event widget when an RSVP event has no price.
- The Add Attendee button in the event widget has been modified so that the text size shrinks with the size of the button for a better view on any screen size.
- Within the event configuration, a fix has been added when clicking configure for the widget, this now creates an event widget and takes you within this specific widget configuration.
- Within the query tool > Memberships, it is now indicated which of these memberships are inactive.
- When a payment is added the only option will be to save or close the payment, not download/send a receipt. Also, when a receipt is downloaded or emailed this will not automatically close the payment. These fixes prevent incorrect changes from being able to be saved to the payment. This update has also ensured that a distribution can not be removed from a payment and saved.
- In the query tool updates there has been a fix added when using the particulars field as an output column.
14th December 2021
- Update to preset query All Successful Payments to include PaymentTime as an output option
- Update to preset query All Contacts with Emails (OK To Contact) to include Email 3. Contacts will show in these results if they have an active Email, Alt Email, or Email 3.
- Update to preset query Widget Results for donation widgets. Attribute Value and Attribute Comment have been added as output columns.
3rd November 2021
- Merge tags for #Mobile# and #HomePhone# have been fixed for widget notice documents.
- Postcode value in #AddressBlock#, #AddressBlockAustralia#, #OrgAddressBlock#, and #PostCode# merge tags has been corrected for documents sent from the membership widget.
- The acceptance of terms and conditions is now mandatory in the registration widget, as it already was for the donation and membership widgets.
- When attributes are added on the Add Contact form, there is now an option to remove the attributes also.
- More detail has been added to the Audit log :
- When a new account status is added this now shows the old and new values as per the description.
- When a new mail status is added this now shows the old and new values as per the description.
- When a new contact branch is added this now shows the old and new values as per the description.
- When a new contact type is added this now shows the old and new values as per the description.
- When an alert is updated the user is now recorded.
- Source campaign description has been added when a contact is updated or saved.
- The import template will now check for your admin contact settings whether the title should be included in the account name when generating this. An account name will be automatically generated if this is left blank on the template and is creating a new contact.
- When a widget GUID link is used this will now display any existing title and date of birth on the contact when these fields have been added to the widget.
- The vega API now provides a configure option on the widget. This allows you to use the Form Setup and Acknowledgements options in the widget configuration for your API widgets.
13th October 2021
- Alert message when sending a test email to more than 10 contacts has been corrected to show the actual number of contacts in the list.
- Including a + in a document was being replaced by a blank space, this is populated in the email document.
- When NZ post is enabled this was not used for the address search when adding a gift membership in the widget.
- Event and registration widgets were not scrolling to the top when the form had been submitted.
- Document tags were being duplicated of the same type on a document.
- A home page has been created for connect.vega.works so that this is displayed instead of an error message when viewing previous transactions from Apple Pay.
- The additional country field has been removed on the event widget, the country dropdown pre-populated with your organisation country is now the only one used.
- A scroll bar has been added to the alert reminder type to display longer content.
20th September 2021
- Self-help support tools have been added to vega, providing guided workflows, linked articles, and tooltips. Please see the email sent from support on 15th September for a link to give your feedback on this new feature
- Batch total figures have been split to show the batch totals and the successful totals so you can easily see if there are any payments declined, pending, or incomplete.
- Your organisation currency is now shown in the Organisation Profile under Admin.
- The character limit on attribute values and comments has been increased to 500 and 2000. There is an indicator of how many characters are left when adding text in these fields
- New customisations available for payment workflows and recurring payment workflows
- There is now functionality to make campaign headers inactive, this will also make all campaign actions inactive too
- Add to list from email campaign metrics was not creating a new list
- On the add payment form, the Send Receipt or Download Receipt button will be disabled while the payment is saving to avoid payments being distributed multiple times
- Macrons in an email subject line from Engage email action were not being included
- Merge contacts
- Annual receipt number was not being included in the new payments from merged contacts
- All payments are created on the To contact, regardless if the same payment detail already exists
- Payment distributions have been corrected when a transaction has multiple of these
- A fix has been added when some attributes were duplicated on merge
- Additional checks have been added to the merge functionality for attribute type is unique or not and attribute is unique or not
- Import data
- Campaigns created in a payment or contact import are now created with a default (flag) campaign action and other actions are created as external list action type
- Contact Category, Entity Status Reason, Mail Status Reason, and Contact Branch will not be updated if these fields are left blank on a matched contact using the contact template
- The status attributes described above will not be updated when the payment import is used
- Contact import template will add the salutation as the first name for any new contacts when this field is blank in the template. Salutation will not be overwritten for matches contacts if the field is left blank
- Contact import will update the account name when a value is entered for this field and contacts are matched
- Contact import will create a new address when any of the address fields are included in the template, for new and matched contacts
- The SuppID is generated for any new contacts created by import, this follows your organisation sequential numbering
- Contact matching for imports will check for active contacts and then inactive contacts for the matching criteria, the match criteria described in the articles have been updated
- The attribute import template will import attributes with a closed status when the value in the template is closed, it will import as open for any other value or blank
- Note import will create your organisation's own attribute type for any note types used
2nd September 2021
- Add to an existing list from within an email action was creating a new list of the same name. This is now adding the selected contacts correctly to the existing list
- Now able to upload a CSS file to a brand new widget
- The document showing on a payment form and on the mailings tab always showed the one-off acknowledgement, this now reflects the true document sent to the contact when a recurring payment is made
- Organisation settings in admin were slow to save but this has now been separated to individual save functions for the current tab being edited
- Organisations using Paystation gateway showed the default from email, instead of that selected in the widget but this is now resolved. The #Comments# merge tag was also not populating in the notification email for Paystation gateway, this has also been resolved
- The GL Code dropdowns for donation widget processing fee and membership widget mebership GL have been updated to show the GL code and name
- Sometimes the orgID of a previous contact was incorrectly displayed on another contact, this has been resolved
26th August 2021
- Import template for Funraisin export to import support-led payments. The import will create or match contacts for the fundraiser and donors. See the article here for full detail on this import.
18th August 2021
- Apple Pay and Google Pay fixed to show AUD or A$ for Australian clients using this functionality
- Bulk attribute Insert from a list or query results was changing the button from Add to Go for the insert attribute option. This has been resolved to always be Add, this functionality inserts the selected attribute to all contacts in the result set
- When a receipt is downloaded with an inactive campaign, this was not showing correctly in the mailings tab. The inactive campaign name will now be displayed for the mailing
- On the mailings tab in a contact, documents tagged with tax receipt are available to download as a copy of the original receipt. This has been corrected to download as an A4 paper size
- Xero was not importing transactions without a payment reference, this is resolved to import all transactions regardless of the reference
- Xero was not saving new matches. Any manual match added will save to the Existing Transactions and then be added to Cross-References once the transactions have been imported to a batch
- The custom attribute in the widget was previously showing as the option type DateTime but this has been updated to Date as it does not record the time. The placeholder has also been updated to NZ format dd/mm/yyyy
- A validation has been added to campaign actions to ensure a name and code are entered before selecting a recipient list within the action. This ensures that the automatic recipient list created includes a campaign name
- When sending a test email from an email campaign action the subject was not updating to that entered in the pop-up. This has been resolved so you can ensure contacts receiving this email are aware it is a test
11th August 2021
- Bulk removal of attributes is now functioning as expected, from query or list grid results click More > Insert Attribute, choose the attribute, and click remove to delete this attribute from all contacts in the results
9th August 2021
- Membership Widget Advanced Configuration is now available to improve the customisation of financial coding and acknowledgement documents based on the membership type or attribute selected in the widget
- PayPal is now available as a payment option in the membership widget, as well as the donation widget
- The width of the document dropdown selector in a campaign action has been restored to full width
- Validation added for MYOB and Xero to ensure a connection to allow GL code and bank account imports
- If a multi-type contact category is used as your default, this will display the correct form when adding a new contact
- A payment receipt is able to be downloaded if the campaign or GL code is inactive
- Send receipt can now be used on payment add. The payment details can be entered and Send receipt button clicked to download or email the receipt document and save the payment at the same time. If processing a credit card payment through your gateway, you should still save the payment first to ensure the payment is successful
- When a new contact is created and a work phone is added the correct telecom type is used
- Unsubscribe preset query resolved so that the attribute filter allows the results to be based on this attribute requirement, as well as Unsubscribe attribute
- In widget configuration, the copy option has been resolved for the subsequent pages when many widgets exist
- Memberships created from a widget will calculate the correct expiry date, regardless of receipt settings
- When multiple payments were being added, the previous receipt document used showed as selected in the payment form for the next payment
- In the widget configuration for Donation and Membership widgets, the financial dropdowns now include the campaign header and campaign action names
19th July 2021
- MYOB Integration with functionality to import GL Codes, import bank accounts, post payments to MYOB, and import payments from MYOB
- Apple Pay payment option available for all widgets when using Stripe as your gateway
- Google Pay payment option available for all widgets when using Stripe as your gateway
- Add to list function from Money > Failed Transactions has been fixed
- Xero integration- importing pay amounts including cents
- Xero integration- posting payments with a GL Code with a tax rate
21st June 2021
- Documents being sent from the Send to Admin workflows have been fixed to populate the merge tags correctly.
21st May 2021
- New preset query All Members Last 5 Years- gives a total number of members over the last 5 years for each membership type. This is calculated by the contact having the membership attribute valid for any span of that calendar year regardless of status.
- Audit log to show old and new values when an attribute is deleted, inserted or updated
- Audit log to show the old and new values when a telecom is updated or inserted
- Widget Validations added:
- a document must be selected when Notify me? = Yes
- in Custom Attributes and attribute or attribute type must be selected
- in a Registration widget, you are only allowed to choose a thank you document OR a donation widget to display
19th May 2021
- #Memoriam# merge tag available in widget notification document to generate in-memory detail from the donation widget
- Service Email sender name included in acknowledgment documents sent from a widget
- Fixed error multiple bookings in event widget
- Account and Mail Status reasons added from a widget or trigger will update the actual Status value, eg. An Inactive Mail Status reason added from a widget will untick the Mail Status checkbox
30th April 2021
- Fixed Bank Lodgement Report printing with additional blank pages from the batch output
- Fixed error with notification document being removed from the donation widget
- Widget Results preset query will only show attributes added from the widget, even if same attribute exists on the contact.
20th April 2021
- Fixed merge tag for #HomePhone# in Event widget notification document
- Fixed merge tag for #Email# in Contact Us widget notification document
- Fixed error with Life Membership until date on payment form
24th March 2021
- Fixed issue when including Campaign and/or GL Code in a widget Email link using an external container URL
18th March 2021
- PayPal Integration is now available for the donation widget
- New Preset Query- All Active Members with a recurring donation
- New Preset Query- All Active Members with one off donation
- New Preset Query- Active Contributors Last 3 Donations by Start date or Attribute
- Fixed issue when adding Supporter-led Payments in a batch not displaying contact details
- Campaign Header Description added to Campaign Summary report Insights > Campaign Analytics > Campaign Summary
26th February 2021
- Normal captcha replaced with invisible captcha on all donation widgets
25th February 2021
- Xero authentication has been updated to Auth2.0 and re-connection is required
- Fixed error with not being able to save letter case edits on a contact
16th February 2021
- New Zealand Post Address Finder Integration
11th February 2021
4th February 2021
- Widget documents now support other languages and special characters
20th January 2021
- Updated login page for added security
- Fixed copy to clipboard button for widget email link
17th December 2020
- Export to Excel service for queries
- Registration widget invisible recaptcha
- New preset query- All Successful Payments Not Acknowledged
- Receipt type dropdown customisation setting now includes receipt type in batch defaults
- New preset query- All Contacts With Relationships And Attributes
- Contact widget notification email resolved
13th October 2020
- New Document Dropdown Customisation
- #SuppID# Merge Tag is added to populate suppID from a contact
- Reference, Code and Particulars have been added to the one-off payment form
- Comment field added to Key Attributes on contact dashboard
- Copy Widget function includes custom attributes and advanced configuration settings
11th September 2020
- Organisation column added in All Payments tab in Cashbook report
- Paytype text box added in payment form to allow inactive types to be displayed
7th September 2020
- Batch code auto generator added to create code as per the user's Branch initials, Year, Month, Day, User initials
2nd September 2020
- Multi-page and Minimum address added to widget configuration for Donation widget